Monday, August 13, 2012

Kidder Matthews goes on a long distance movie date...


Due to the fact my husband is deployed, going on dates is tricky. Skype is such a blessing, but sometimes a change of setting other than my bedroom is nice. My husband and I had both been eagerly waiting for The Dark Knight Rises to come out (like waiting years!) and before we knew we were going to be dealing with a deployment we talked about seeing it together when it finally arrived. But since he is in the Middle East and I am in the New England we had to get creative. Friday at 7pm his time and noon my time we went on a movie date to see the latest Batman movie "together." And of course Kidder came along, cause he just loves a good outing (and because if I was going to look foolish sitting alone in a theater I might as well go all out and bring a stuffed otter with me).

 Yup. I smuggled a purse full of popcorn and an otter into the theater and then took pictures. Triple violation? Kidder and I find rules to be lame.
The experience of the "date" was better than the actual movie (sort of a let down). Deployment creativity is fun, but I'm glad there is only 4 more months until real dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment